Interrupted Prayer

Ques: Assalamu Alaikum,

What do you do if someone interrupts your prayer? I was just (attempting) to pray zuhr here at work. I pray in a file room that usually only I go in. Alas, apparently someone else needed files in there today, because they came in during the smack dab middle of my prayer (literally, I was getting up for the 3rd rakah). I salaamed out, since the room was very small, and I was right in her way.

So what do I do? I am just going to go back in and start the prayer over again, but I am wondering if there's any additional ettiquette or whatnot that I need to do.

Ans:
Walaikum Assalam.

Yes, insha'Allah u have to just go back in and start the prayer over again. No additional etiquette is there. But one should break his/her prayer only in serious cases. I mean only when he/she really needs to break it. i.e. someone asks for help and he/she can really help him/her etc. Don't break prayer for normal reasons.


And Allah knows best.


-------------------------
Answered by Yousuf
Sunniforum, 24th Apr '09

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome



Dear visitor, Please visit my new site: http://yousufsultan.com/