Charity for parents?

Ques: Salam. I just need to know that can any one give charity in the name of his parents. Mean i want to give some money every month for my parents to some charities. Please advice me on it regarding sunnah and Quran.

Ans: Yes, sure you can give charity in the name of your parents. Insha'Allah, Allah will send the thawab to your parents.

It is narrated in Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud and similar to this in other Hadith books:

عن ابن عباس : أن رجلا قال يا رسول الله ! إن أمي توفيت أفينفعها إن تصدقت عنها ؟ قال نعم قال فإن لي مخرفا فأشهدك أن قد تصدقت به عنها


Ibn Abbas (RA) reported that a man said to Prophet (S.A.W), "My mother died. If I give charity (Sadaka) in her name, will it benefit her?" Prophet (S.A.W) replied, "Yes." The man said, "I have a garden, and I make u witness that I will give that as charity in her name.


But, remember, ur dua is the best for ur parents. Prophet (S.A.W) said:


إذا مات بن آدم أو قال الإنسان انقطع عمله إلا من ثلاثة إلا من صدقة جارية أو علم ينتفع به أو ولد صالح يدعو له


When a person dies, his amal stops. But three amals don't stop. 1. Ongoing Charity (whose benefits continue even after death). 2. Ilm (knowledge), by which people benefits. 3. Good son, who makes dua for him.

See, Prophet (S.A.W) said about the son who makes dua for his parents. So better make lots of dua for your parents. Then give charity in their names.

And Allah knows best.

-------------------------
Answered by Yousuf
Sunniforum, 18 Apr '09

2 comments:

Anonymous May 7, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

we really appreciate your effort. May ALLAH give you courage to go forward in the right path(sirat al mustaqeem) aameen.

Yousuf May 7, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Thanks. Pray for me. In future, select "Name/URL" and write ur name in ur comment. Wassalam.

Post a Comment

Welcome



Dear visitor, Please visit my new site: http://yousufsultan.com/