Interpretation of a Hadith

Ques: One of my friends is having trouble understanding the following statement by Aisha (RA) which he found in Ghazali's Remembrance of Death and Afterlife (page 40):

''I feel no envy for anyone whose death is easy after having seen the rigour of the death of God's Emissary (PBUH)''

If someone could elaborate, that would be very helpful. Jazak Allah Khair.


Ans:
Assalamu Alaikum.

The arabic script is:


عن عائشة قالت : ما أغبط أحدا بهون موت بعد الذي رأيت من شدة موت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم - سنن الترمذي


Ayesha (rad) wanted to say: "Before, I wished my death will be easy. So, whenever I saw someone die easily, I felt envy for him. I thought that the easy death is the sign of goodness of the dead person.

But after seeing the rigor of the death of Prophet (sm), I don't feel envy for someone's easy death. I understood that the easy death is not a sign of someone's goodness, nor the hard death is sign of his badness.

Rather, hard death can happen to the good men, to raise his level. And similarly, the easy death can happen to others to reward his good deeds in this world."


And Allah knows best.


-------------------------
Answered by Yousuf
Sunniforum, 13 Apr '09

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome



Dear visitor, Please visit my new site: http://yousufsultan.com/